Toxic Torts Attorneys In Miami Beach, FL
Silva & silva TOXIC TORTS
Individuals and even entire classes of people suffer severe health issues and, in some cases, death as a result of exposure to carbon monoxide, mold, asbestos, and other comparable toxic substances.
We have vast experience handling these types of cases at Silva & Silva. Our toxic torts attorneys in Miami Beach, FL, understand the complexities of these cases and work hard to ensure that our clients receive the best possible legal representation.
Various Cases of Toxic Exposure in Miami Beach, Florida
Toxic effects can occur because of exposure to hazardous substances and conditions, such as:
- Sick building syndrome
- Electromagnetic energy
- Hazardous waste
- Scientific, medical, &pharmaceutical chemicals
- Violations of environmental regulations
Sick Building Syndrome
The results of recent medical publications and studies have prompted the introduction of a new class of litigation. Our daily environment is contaminated in numerous instances, which can result in sick building syndrome, according to evidence and research. This syndrome is caused when the structure’s occupants suffer severe health consequences that may be related to their prolonged presence in the building. Some of the side effects include the following:
- Throat, eye, and nose irritations
- Respiratory problems
The sources of sick building syndrome fall into two broad categories:
- Tobacco smoke and business equipment off-gases add to the problem.
- Off-gases from synthetic fiber carpet-padding that containing a formaldehyde base or are some common irritants.
- Biological contaminants, including pollen, mildew, dust mites, and bacteria, mold, are some main culprits.
- Airborne particles from asbestos and the dust arising from oxidizing lead paint dust are some other hazardous pollutants.
- Radon (a natural gas) is another major concern in the US and the second-leading cause of lung cancer.
Indoor air contamination is also a problem with HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) systems.
Cases Resolved Successfully in Toxic Tort Claims
Because toxic substances typically affect large groups of people, class action lawsuits are the preferred legal option for all victims seeking to pool their financial resources against accused persons with billions in the bank. Additionally, you will require competent and experienced toxic torts attorneys in Miami Beach, FL to handle these complex cases.
Plaintiffs may be compensated for health bills, pain and misery, and lost wages if they prevail in their case. In cases where the defendant’s conduct is deliberate and sustained, the court may grant punitive damages. For more information about how our toxic torts attorneys in Miami Beach, FL, can help, call Silva & Silva at 305-445-0011, or send us an email through this Online Form.
caring for you
If actions speak louder than words, then our verdicts & settlements call out our dedication to achieving the best possible results for our clients.