Toxic Torts Attorneys
In Miami Gardens, FL
Silva & silva TOXIC TORTS
Individuals and even entire communities suffer serious health effects and, in some cases, death due to exposure to carbon monoxide, mold, asbestos, and other similar toxic substances. At Silva & Silva, we have extensive experience managing these types of cases. Our toxic torts lawyers in Miami Gardens, FL, are familiar with the challenges of these case scenarios and work diligently to ensure that the client receives the best legal help possible.
Different Cases of Toxic Exposure in Miami Gardens, FL
Toxic effects may occur because of exposure to dangerous substances or conditions, including the following:
- Sick building syndrome
- Electromagnetic energy
- Hazardous waste
- Pharmaceutical Chemicals, scientific, medical products
- Violations of environmental regulations
Sick Building Syndrome
Recent medical papers and research have resulted in establishing a new category of litigation. Our everyday surroundings can become contaminated in numerous ways, which, as per research and evidence, can lead to sick building syndrome. This syndrome occurs when the inhabitants of a structure suffer major health consequences because they were in the building for extended periods. Among the adverse effects are the following:
- Respiratory problems
- Throat, eye, &nose irritations
There are two broad categories of causes of sick building syndrome:
- Tobacco smoke and gas emissions from the equipment on business premises add to the problem.
- Off-gases from various synthetic fiber carpet underlayment containing a formaldehyde base are common irritants.
- Biological contaminants like pollen, mildew, bacteria, mold, and dust mites are major culprits.
- Airborne particles from asbestos and fine dust from oxidizing lead paint are some other pollutants that cause health hazards.
- Radon (a natural gas) is another significant concern in the USA and the second-leading reason for lung cancer.
- HVAC systems contribute to indoor air contamination.
Cases Successfully Resolved in Toxic Tort Claims
Since toxic substances affect a large number of people, class action lawsuits are the favored legal strategy for victims seeking to group their financial resources towards legally fighting billionaire defendants. Additionally, talented and accomplished toxic torts attorneys in Miami Gardens, FL will be required to handle these complex cases.
If plaintiffs prevail in their case, they might get financial compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Punitive damages may be awarded in cases where the defendant’s actions were deliberate and sustained. For more information about how our toxic torts attorneys in Miami Gardens, FL, can help, call Silva & Silva at 305-445-0011, or send us an email through this Online Form.
caring for you
If actions speak louder than words, then our verdicts & settlements call out our dedication to achieving the best possible results for our clients.