Toxic Torts Attorneys
In Coral Gables, FL
Silva & silva
There are times when individuals and even classes of individuals have suffered severe injuries and sometimes death from exposure to carbon monoxide, mold, asbestos, and other similar toxic substances.
At Silva & Silva, we have extensive experience handling such cases. Our toxic torts attorneys in Coral Gables, FL, know the intricacies of these cases and ensure that our clients get the best legal representation possible.
Types of Toxic Exposure Cases in Coral Gables, FL
Toxic harm can happen due to exposure to dangerous substances and conditions such as:
- Scientific, medical, and pharmaceutical chemicals
- Hazardous waste
- Sick building syndrome
- Electromagnetic energy
- Violations of environmental regulations
Sick Building Syndrome
Results of the latest medical publications and research have brought to the fore a new form of litigation. The research and studies have shown that our everyday environment is contaminated in many instances and can cause sick building syndrome. This particular syndrome occurs when the building’s occupants experience severe health effects potentially related to the duration of their presence in the building. Some of these symptoms include:
- Respiratory problems
- Throat, eye, and nose irritations
Sick building syndrome sources can be broken down into two main categories:
- Off-gases from carpet padding containing a formaldehyde base or synthetic fiber fumes are the other common irritants.
- Tobacco smoke and business equipment off-gases add to the problem.
- Biological contaminants, including pollen, bacteria, mold, mildew, and dust mites, are high on the list of potential culprits.
- Airborne particulates from asbestos and dust from oxidizing lead paint dust are other hazardous pollutants.
- Although the list of contaminants is ever-growing, Radon (a natural gas) is the number one concern in the US and the second-leading reason for lung cancer.
HVAC (Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) systems are also a cause of indoor air contamination.
Successful Outcomes in Toxic Tort Claims
Toxic substances typically affect larger groups of people, making class action lawsuits the favored legal recourse for the victims to pool their financial resources in lawsuits against defendants with bottomless pockets. You also need skilled and experience toxic torts attorneys in Coral Gables, FL, to handle these challenging cases.
If they win the case, plaintiffs may get compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. The court may award punitive damages in cases where the defendant’s conduct is deliberate and continuous.
For more information about how our toxic torts attorneys in Coral Gables, FL, can help, call Silva & Silva at 305-445-0011, or send us an email through this Online Form.
caring for you
If actions speak louder than words, then our verdicts & settlements call out our dedication to achieving the best possible results for our clients.