Swimming Pool Negligence Attorneys
In Coral Gables, FL
Silva & silva
Swimming Pool Negligence
Swimming pool accidents are a common tragedy in Florida. These accidents may involve a friend, child or guest, who drowns while swimming in a pool where others are present. This category of accidents falls within the area of premises liability.
The swimming pool negligence attorneys in Coral Gables, FL at Silva & Silva are skilled and experienced in this area of law.
Ordinances Related to Swimming Safety
Most swimmers are not familiar with the pool’s slope, depth, and bottom configuration. They are not trained in recognizing the first stages of drowning, and it’s why swimming pools in commercial settings are required to have lifeguards. The standard swimming pool ordinance applicable to all motels and hotels requires that:
- The pool’s slope at the point where the shallow end transitions to the deep end should not be steeper than a foot of vertical drop for every three feet of horizontal length
- There should be a self-latching gate at the pool’s shallow end
- A ring buoy and shepherd’s crook must be mounted at a point approximately half the pool length
Investigating Swimming Pool Negligence in Coral Gables, FL
Our experts conduct a thorough investigation and report on the hotel management and on-duty lifeguard’s negligent conduct. They also investigate deviations from local laws and ordinances by the hotel owner or operator and the swimming pool developer. They look for construction flaws and provide their testimony in our client’s cases. A swimming pool drowning is a relatively predictable and preventable event. This event can occur if:
- There is no trained lifeguard on the premises to minimize or eliminate this risk.
- The pool design is defective
- The feature’s construction is not aligned with local ordinance guidelines and accepted industry standards.
Our skilled swimming pool negligence attorneys in Coral Gables, FL, and other retained experts are familiar with the ordinances and laws in this field. Access to their expertise allows us to provide our clients with top-notch legal representation in swimming pool catastrophes. Call Silva & Silva at 305-445-0011 for more information or send us an email through this Online Form.
caring for you
If actions speak louder than words, then our verdicts & settlements call out our dedication to achieving the best possible results for our clients.